Is your resume ready? Here’s the Michigan Job Fairs in May:
5/3/18 Pre-Nursing Week Career Fair -for Nurses
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Southfield Civic Center, Southfield MI
5/3/18 Tradesmen International Job Fair – for all Trades
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
MI Works Southwest, Kalamazoo MI
5/8/18 Oaklawn Hospital On-Site Career Fair
Begins at 8:00 am
Oaklawn Hospital, Marshall MI
5/8/18 National Career Fair
11:00 am to 2:00 pm
Dearborn Inn Marriott, Dearborn MI
5/9/18 Detroit Police & Wayne Co Sheriff Office Career Fair
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
SER Metro Detroit MI
5/11/18 University of Phoenix Career Fair – Open to Public
9:00 am to Noon
University of Phoenix, Southfield MI
5/12/18 You’re Hired Job Fair
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Best Western Hotel, Southfield MI
5/15/18 Albion Spring Job Fair – Open to Public
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
KCC Eastern Academic Center, Albion MI
5/31/18 You’re Hired Job Fair
9:00 am to Noon, 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Wyndham Garden Hotel, Sterling Heights MI
Welcome Michele Kerr. Michele will be joining Wynn's Market and Catering officially on April 30th as their new HR Generalist. Michele brings her expertise from many years of service with Naples Tours and Transportation. She will be working along side Diane Cannon who is preparing to retire on June 1st. Diane and I managed the HR function for all of the Wynn businesses. She will be sorely missed by employees, managers and business owners. My best to both Michele and Diane!
Welcome BizZone! BizZone is a Canadian based technology company that implements web technologies to simplify work and to expand their client’s capabilities.
We’re currently seeking a Junior Project Manager and a paid Marketing/Journalism Intern. For more information contact PamSchwartz@EngageEmploymentSolutions.net
This can be used for work, for your job interview, or any part of your personal life.
Be the real deal. Be genuine. Be the solution, not the problem. Be the resource.
LinkedIn boasts that their Recruitment Solutions program has over 500 million users. If you’re looking to get hired – have your LinkedIn profile not only “up and running”, but make sure your profile communicates clearly and catches recruiters’ interest. Beyond making sure that your profile’s career history is complete. Here’s 5 quick tips to improve your profile:
1. LinkedIn Profile Headline – It’s the line under your name. It tells others how you view yourself professionally. Tell others what you “do” like “Rated Top IT Recruiter for past 3 years” instead of “Results oriented professional”. Many recruiters use keyword search, such as IT or Recruiter. This way, you stand a much better chance of being “found” among other IT Recruiters.
2. Your photo – Keep it simple and smile! Professionals want to see others as professionals. Remember this is not Facebook or Snapchat. This site should be used only for work and career-based information.
3. List the associations and professional organizations you belong to. Recruiters want to know how you keep up to date with your ever-changing career and how connected you are with your community.
4. Utilize the Skills section. Choose the skills, you want recruiters to notice. Keep in mind, experience is key as most contacts will indicate your strengths on only what they know about you.
5. The Recommendation section is also important. You can indicate on line that you are open to receive recommendations, but also reach out to your closest coworker or mentors for their help. Offer to provide recommendations for others and they often will return the favor.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.