Tuesday Tips: Telephone Etiquette
The hiring process often begins with phone screens. Here’s some responses if you have a poor connection, can’t hear or understand your interviewer:
1. I’m afraid the connection is quite bad. Would you prefer to call back to try for better connection or to continue with this call?
2. I’m having trouble hearing you, would you mind speaking up a bit?
3. Could you repeat that please?
4. English is my second language, could you speak slower please?
5. Instead of saying “I’m sorry”, try using “Thank you for your patience”.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.